Tuesday, October 22, 2013

If I Should Have a Daughter (Or Two Sons)



If I should have a daughter,
I would show her love,
I would build her self-esteem,
I would teach her confidence and self-respect,
I would teach her the importance of being honest,
Living with integrity,
And always doing her best,
I would tell her that happiness comes from within,
Then grows through her relationships with others
I would make sure she knows that inner beauty is lasting,
Outer beauty is fleeting,
And that she is gorgeous,
I would discourage gossip,
Encourage understanding,
Tell her that everyone has a story,
Ask her to listen,
And to be compassionate,
I will tell her that life is hard,
There are highs and there are lows,
Allow yourself to feel them,
And know that you are always growing,
I would encourage her to travel,
To gather new experiences,
To open her mind,
And to broaden her view of the world,
I would tell her to believe in something,
Stand up for what she believes in,
And to have a mind of her own,
I would give all that I am,
To make her all that she can be,
I don’t have to wait for a daughter,
Because I have two sons.

Check out this Ted Talk - it is worth the watch!


XOXO,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment