Monday, April 21, 2014

Bless Her Heart


Yesterday was Easter.  

My Facebook news feed was bursting at the seams with adorable outfits, adorable children, adorable families and LOTS OF LOVE!

Cut to the Greene County Park – and juxtapose this…

Calling them “shorts” is too much of a stretch – so we will refer to them as “boy shorts” AKA underwear.  I can just see her picking out her Easter outfit now…doing a 360 in front of the mirror in her underwear trying to decide what shoes and shirt to pair with them.  Black kitten heals – YES – they are just the ticket for our time at the park.  Pink, sheer, spaghetti strap tank top – YES – my Easter outfit is complete.  Wait, wait, wait – an outfit is never complete without accessories – good thing I have this cigarette hanging out of my mouth – it brings all the kiddies to the playground.

So – there she is – in all her glory.  She is on the phone the entire time with what seems to be her “man”.  She is talking about how hard she is trying to make their relationship work, she says, “I am ignoring them so I can talk to you”.  Good to know her priorities are in the right place – I wouldn’t want to find out that she is ACTUALLY playing with her children at the playground at the detriment of her relationship with the person on the other end of the PHONE.  “They are still fucking playing”, she says.  Apparently she was trying to get them to go – but that wasn’t even obvious to me.  “I am never bringing them back to the playground again”, she tells him.  “Put on your damn shoes”, she screams at her kids.

My eyes are wide, my boy’s eyes are wide and this experience was impressionable to me and my boys and the three of us learned something about ourselves, our family dynamic, other children, other families, other mothers and life.

To the ideas that everything is relative, growth is continuous, alignment is key, happiness comes from within and nothing is worth more than this day.

-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment