Thursday, April 17, 2014

What’s in your crawl space?

Driving to work today I saw a billboard for a pest control company with pictures of disgusting bugs and the question, “What’s in your crawl space?”  By brain made a metaphorical segueway in a nanosecond and led me to this…

Keep your mind out of the gutter – I am not talking about human anatomy.  (But if I were – my answer would be cobwebs.)

A crawl space is something most of us avoid like the plague.  If necessary I peak in – but even then – I’m holding my breath and leaning over as far as possible while standing in the light of day.  It is such a scary place, full of cave crickets, spiders, darkness, dampness, dirt and who knows what.

We all have a “crawl space” if you will.  A place that we would rather not visit that is inhabited by things we would rather not see or think about.  Maybe your crawl space has painful events from the past, negative parts of the present or fearful thoughts of the future.  It’s possible your crawl space is empty – it’s safe – but it’s still a bit dark and depressing.

What’s my point?  My point is you are not alone.  We all have moments we are not proud of that make us embarrassed or ashamed.  We all have memories or thoughts that cause us pain or heartache.  We all have experiences that make us impatient, irritable and angry.  We are all human, we are all far from perfect, but many of us are truly doing the best that we can.  Try not to let it eat away at you, to multiply, to fester and to grow.  You can accept what’s in your crawl space or you can clean it out.  Either of these options is cleansing, and freeing and positive.
 
Clean it out,
Megan

2 comments:

  1. Of course, there is the other comment on that sign: "Got wood?" And you can take that anyway you like. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHA! I passed the sign this morning and saw the "Got Wood" part and cracked up - I hadn't noticed that before. I'd rather have wood than cobwebs! :)

      Delete