Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Don't Judge Me


Self-right-eous
Having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior 

Confession – I have a potty mouth and I occasionally blurt out obscenities and profanity.  If you are offended by this, please don’t read on, as this post is going to be uncensored.

You self-righteous mother fucker.  You have the audacity to judge me, to disrespect me and to publicly shun my family.  It’s time you dismounted that high horse of yours, dropped that holier-than-thou attitude and looked in the mirror.

What would you see if you looked in the mirror?  The mask you wear to hide your true self?

Let me tell you what I see when I look in the mirror.  I see someone who hasn’t always made the right choices, someone who has made mistakes, someone who may even have regrets.  I see a woman who is finding her way in life, who is giving it all she has, who is doing her best.  I sometimes see tears for a broken family, or aging parents or her children growing up too fast.  I sometimes see a smile for counted blessings, or kind words, or acts of love.  I sometimes see hollow eyes, from an empty soul, where anxiety and depression live.  I sometimes see a spark, for new adventure, for renewed faith, for being alive.  I see a woman, a friend, a daughter, a mother, a human.

I am human.  I am not perfect.  You are human.  You are not perfect.

With my imperfections,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment