Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Every Heart Has a Story to Tell


Once upon a time…nearly 33 years ago…a baby girl was born.  They called her Megan and so her story began.  Her life has been full of love, burdened with hate, blessed with births, lightened by laughter, pierced with pain, eased by forgiveness, but most of all it has been real, it has been true and it has been her own.

Each of us has a story, an epic autobiography, made up of all of our life experiences.  Some of us share our stories while others prefer to keep them quiet.  I have discovered that the more I share the more I learn and the more I learn the more I share.  My learning is twofold.  One, when I verbalize my feelings and share my story, I almost always learn something about myself.  This is critical to self-understanding, growth, and happiness.  Two, when I verbalize my feelings and share my story, I almost always learn something about someone else.  This is critical to understanding, compassion and empathy for others.

Everyone we meet has a story.  They may be standing in front of you today, disrespecting you for no apparent reason, but yesterday they may have held their loved one while they took their last breath.  Give people the benefit of the doubt, share, listen, learn and love.  Every heart has a story to tell.



XOXO,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment