Friday, January 31, 2014

Give Me Your Forever


"He loved her, of course, but better than that, he chose her, day after day.  Choice: that was the thing. ~Sherman Alexie

I’ve got chills…I get them every time I read this sentence.  I came across it some time ago, saved it to my desktop and knew it would become a blog post someday.

Relationships are about love and choices.  You can love someone and make the right choices or you can love someone and make the wrong choices.  One of the saddest experiences in life is when you do love someone and you make the wrong choices.  Some of you may think: how do you love someone and make the wrong choices?  Some of you may assume that means you don’t love someone.  I think you can absolutely love someone, I think you can make the wrong choices and with those choices I think you can hurt yourself more than you have ever hurt anyone else.

Life is full of choices, opportunity and temptation.  That’s why the sentence above speaks to me.  It’s not enough just to love someone.  I tried to emphasize this in my “Show Me the Love” post from December.  You must love someone, you must show them you love them through your actions, you must prove you love them through your choices.

He loved her, he chose her, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year until they were each other’s forever.  I want to be someone's forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHzAVDg4m1Q


Choose Love,
-Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment