Sunday, December 22, 2013

Show Me The Love


As I read through my notes from “The Happiness Project” this quote jumped out at me.

“There is no love; there are only proofs of love.  
Whatever love I might feel in my heart, others will see only my actions.”
-Pierre Reverdy

It is so important to align our actions with our feelings.  That is the only way others will truly understand how we feel.  Our inner feelings must be translated outwardly through our interactions with others and the way we choose to conduct ourselves in our day to day lives.

Throughout my lifetime I have looked into people’s eyes and listened to them pour there heart out, or at least what they claimed was in their heart, only to turn around and act in a way that clearly conflicted with their words.
 
This leaves me with many questions.  Does that person love me?  Does that person just say they love me?  What do their actions say about how they feel?  These are hard questions to answer.

Alignment is key to our happiness.  We must align our life with our faith, morals and values.  We must align our actions with our feelings.  To be misaligned hurts others, especially the ones you love.  But more importantly it hurts yourself, because if you can’t be true to yourself you will never be true to someone else, and you will rob yourself of the deepest, truest emotions and connections.

I wrote a post, "To Thine Own Self Be True", which is the foundation of being true to others.  I will do my best to make sure the ones I love know just how much.  I will hope that the ones that love me show me just how much.

As you live your life, think about the fact that nobody else can truly know how you feel, unless you show them.  Shape your actions, interactions, and words around your heart.

Much Love,

Megan  

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about this very topic. This brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I am living at this very moment. I want to be loved, so I try to believe that I am, but the actions I'm seeing are clearer than clear about the status of things. So - that leaves me being true to myself - being true to others and knowing that I will be better for it.

      Delete