Friday, December 13, 2013

To Thine Own Self Be True



Yesterday I read a sentence that resonated with me, “Dream, speak and act in congruency and anything is possible.”  I jotted it down on an index card and put it in my handy dandy index card box full of totally insightful and totally useless bits of information that make up my life.

Today I was reading an article on tinybuddha.com and came across a similar message.  The article began with the following quote:

“He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the world.” ~Marcus Aurelius

It went on to say, “When you are alone, spend some time considering whether you are happy and if you are acting congruently with your values.”

These thoughts left me with a few takeaways.

The first is that life is full of possibilities and your choices are endless.  Shoot for the stars, but remember that your own inner compass it what will guide you to that star.  You must talk the talk AND you must walk the talk.

The second and, in my opinion, more important takeaway is about our inner harmony.  It doesn’t matter if we reach the stars if we are not happy and content with ourselves and our lives.  I think a good example of this is a celebrity such as Britney Spears.  From the outside she has fame, fortune, beauty, talent and is a star.  From the inside, at least at times, she is broken, lost and not living in harmony with herself and the world.

Ask yourself:
Who am I?
Am I the person I want to be?
What do I believe in?
Do I stand up for what I believe in?
What do I want out of MY life?
Am I happy?
What makes me happy?

Be the person you want to be.  Live the life you want to live.  Fill your life with the things that make you happy. To thine own self be true.


XOXO,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment